Mushroom Tomato and Cucumber Sandwich
Preparation Time : 10 Mins
Cooking Time : 10 Mins
Makes : 1 Sandwich
- 2 Whole Wheat Bread
- 6 Slices of Mushroom
- 4 Slices of Tomato
- 4 Slices of Cucumber
- 2 Tbsp of Chopped Yellow / Red Onion
- 1/8 Tsp of Italian Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp of Mayonnaise, I used Vegennaise
- Dash of Salt and Pepper
- Red Wine Vinaigrette to taste
- 1 Tsp of Olive Oil
- Wash and slice the cucumber, tomato and mushroom. Finely chop the onion.
- Heat olive oil in a pan, add onion, mushroom, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning, saute this for 2-3 mins in a medium high flame, until it turns mushroom turns soft. Once it done, turn off the flame.
- Toast the bread in a toaster or cast iron pan.
For The Sandwich Build
- Apply mayonnaise or vegennaise on each side of the bread.
- Place the sauted mushroom and onion, cucumber and tomato.
- Assemble your sandwich by gently pressing the two slices of bread together.
- Yummy sandwich is ready to serve.
- You can use wheat bread or white bread(maida)
- You can use chopped lettuce to this sandwich.
- Use sharp cheddar cheese or earth balance (dairy free-vegan option) for more richness and creaminess.
- Use butter in place of olive oil.
Health Benefits of Mushroom, tomato and Cucumber Sandwich
- Whole wheat bread are rich in fiber, reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease and diabetes.
- Mushroom are rich in protein, vitamin B, D and antioxidants, boost your immune system.
- Tomatoes are rich vitamin A,C, K, beta-carotene, a natural cancer fighter and good for skin.
- Cucumber re-hydrates the body, good for skin, aids in weight loss and fight against cancer.