CORNFLAKES MIXTURE IN MICROWAVE Recipe
- 1 Cup of Cornflakes
- 1/2 Cup of Aval (Poha or Flattened Rice)
- 1/4 Cup of Raw Peanuts
- 2 Tbsp of Roasted Gram Dal
- 1 Sprig of Curry Leaves
- 1 Tsp of Red Chilly Powder or to taste
- Pinch of Sugar
- Pinch of Black Salt (Kala Namak)
- 7 Roasted Almonds
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of Asafoetida
- 2 Tsp of Oil
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the corn flakes to it and microwave it for 2 mins. Every 30 secs, take the bowl out and mix it. This is to avoid burning taste. Transfer this to a mixing bowl.
- In a pan, heat 1/2 tsp of oil, add aval, fry for a min and transfer it to cornflakes bowl. Again in the same pan, add some oil, and fry the roasted gram dal and peanuts for 2 mins, until they changes color. Transfer it to a bowl containing cornflakes.
- Heat oil in a pan, in a low flame, add the curry leaves, asafoetida, red chilly powder, salt and sugar, give a quick stir and turn off the flame. Transfer this to a bowl containing corn flakes and add black salt. Mix gently until all the ingredients are well coated with spices.
- Cool down and store it in an airtight container.
- Serve it as evening snack for coffee or tea.
- You can also fry the cornflakes in a pan with oil instead of doing it in microwave.
- You can take some cornflakes in a strainer and immerse it into heated oil and fry it, in that case you get a very nice taste. But this method is good for health.
- Add any nuts of your choice like cashews, raisin or walnuts.
- Adding black salt is optional. Just use table salt.
- Don’t use flavored cornflakes to make this mixture.
Health Benefits of Cornflakes
- Low sugar and less in calories.
- It is easy to digest, quite light, and has all essential vitamins and minerals that your body is needed.
- Good diet plan to prevent heart disease and cholesterol.
- A good source of anti-oxidants as they contain carotenoid pigment which prevents the cardiovascular disease and cancer.